Skip to content

T Levels

T Levels are a qualification after GCSE that will take your future to the next level. T Levels are an alternative to A Levels, apprenticeships and other 16-19 courses.
Business students in the conference room

Equivalent to 3 A Levels

A T Level focuses on vocational skills and can help students into skilled employment, higher study or apprenticeships.

With T Levels and A Levels equally recognised by universities, employers and other organisations, the choice of which route to take is up to you.

For example, achieving a Distinction* in your T Level is equivalent to achieving three A*s at A Level – both worth a total of 168 UCAS Tariff points.

Beauty student working

80% Classroom, 20% Workplace

You will spend 80% of your time in a learning environment, gaining the skills employers look for. The other 20% of the time, you will be involved in a meaningful industry placement, where you can put your skills into practice.

The placement is a fantastic opportunity to put into practice the things you have learnt, to further develop your skills and knowledge, and to try out a potential career path.

Health and social care student working with the new manikin

45-day Industry Placement

Take part in an in-depth industry placement that gives you valuable experience in the workplace.

Every T Level will include an industry placement with an employer, focused on developing the practical and technical skills required for your future. These will last a minimum of 315 hours (approximately 45 days) but can last longer.

Engineering students working on an electrical board

How you apply for a course at Canterbury College

Step 1 – Find a subject you’re interested in

Exolore our subject areas, and see which of our courses is right for you.

Step 2 – Apply

Apply for your chosen course via our website.

Step 3 – Come to an interview

Book an interview with our team, and come along to College to see if our course is right for you.

Health Students Get to Grips with Skills Within the NHS

Hear from Grace Shoubridge and Georgina Moore as they share their experience, having completed valuable work placements with the NHS as part of their T Level in Health.

Students Explore the Business Functions with the NHS

Izzy Davis and Lexi Hopkins completed work placements with the NHS as part of their T Level in Management and Administration.

They spoke to us about what they got up to and how the business functions help to support the wider organisation.

Career prospects

Social worker
Annual pay
Annual pay is per year, based on full-time employment and on the South East region.
Role description
Social workers provide information, advice and support to those who are socially excluded or are experiencing crisis; they protect the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, young people, people with disabilities, elderly people and people who are mentally or physically ill, and they may specialise in specific areas of work.
Data powered by LMI for All

We’re part of six community-based colleges

Our mission is to play a leading role for East Kent in developing the economic and social prosperity of the diverse communities we serve.