Equip yourself with the knowledge, skills and experience needed to thrive in a career in Healthcare. A T Level is available to those aged 16-19 and is made up of 80 per cent classroom work and 20 per cent work placement.
T Level in Health
You will combine hands-on learning and academic study with a 45-day work experience placement with a local employer.
In Year One, you study core units covering a range of topics such as:
- Core science ? understanding the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology, and immunology
- Providing person-centred care
- Infection prevention and control
- How to support health and wellbeing
- Understanding the healthcare sector
In Year Two, you will choose an occupational specialism. Options include:
- Supporting the Adult Nursing Team
- Supporting the Care of Children and Young People
- Supporting the Mental Health Team
During the year you will further develop your knowledge whilst developing the skills needed to complete your specialist project.
In your work experience, you will develop transferrable technical and practical skills based on the knowledge gained in college. This gives you opportunity to use your skills in a realistic working environment.