Develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed to thrive in a range of construction jobs. A T Level is available to those aged 16 to 19 and is made up of 80 per cent classroom work and 20 per cent work placement.
T Level Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction
You will combine hands-on learning and academic study with a 45-day work experience placement with a local employer.
In Year One, you will study core units covering a range of topics such as:
- The Science behind building design, surveying and planning
- Sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
- Digital engineering techniques
- Project management, budgeting, procurement and risk management
- Building regulations and standards
In Year Two, you will study an occupational specialism: ‘Surveying and Design for Construction and the Built Environment’.
During this year, you will further develop your knowledge whilst developing the skills needed complete your specialist project.
In your work experience, you will develop transferrable technical and practical skills based on the knowledge gained in College. This gives you opportunity to use your skills in a realistic working environment.