A 15 hour course over 5 weeks to give fundamental skills in breadmaking, covering breads from around the world, including flat, sourdough, enriched and laminated.
World of Bread
Over the course of five weeks you will be instructed in the key principles of dough making and bread production. Key skills are covered including: sour dough starter creation, pre-fermentation, shaping, proving, lamination and more. Historical and theoretical knowledge, along with all recipes will be provided in a course pack to be kept by the student.
- General theory and processes in basic bread making.
- Creation of sour dough starter to be taken home by student to create Levain for week two.
- Breads made: Baguettes, White Pan bread, country bread and shaped selection.
- Sourdough theory and history.
- Breads made: Rye, multi grain and olive.
- Laminated doughs prepared for week three and frozen.
- Lamination Theory and history.
- Breads made: croissant (savoury filled), pain au chocolat, Danish.
- Italian Trilogy; Ciabatta, Focaccia, Pugliese.
- Breads to carry flavour Theory and History.
- Breads Made: Naan, tortilla, Lavash, Pita, Bao, Cornbread.
- Enriched Dough Theory and History.
- Breads made: Bagels, Doughnuts (ring, filled), Bun Selection, Brioche, Panettone.