Become proficient with 3D printing and SolidWorks. Make yourself more desirable to employers by understanding how it is used within the industry.
SolidWorks is one of the most widely used 3D design and manufacturing software programs in the engineering industry. 3D design is now a big part of all engineering as it enables virtual representation of parts, alignment checking, material testing and exporting for manufacturing.
The course will include:
- Basics of 3D virtual modelling: extrusions, rotations, threaded features
- Some advanced 3D modelling techniques: mirroring, patterning, loft
- Producing models for exporting to CAM: accurate dimensioning, constraining
- Practice designing for manufacturing: design and produce parts on 3D printer
- Tips on how to lay out and produce technical drawings
- Producing technical drawings to BS8888
This course will allow you to become familiar with the workings of SolidWorks and its use in industry. On completion, you be able to show potential employers that you have a working knowledge of SolidWorks and 3D printing.