About Canterbury College
- Established in 1947, Canterbury College is one of the largest Further and Higher Education Colleges in the South East. It has over 10,000 students who study a wide variety of courses, ranging from GCSEs and vocational programmes to apprenticeships and degrees.
- In the last ten years, £150 million has been spent on transforming the Canterbury campus into a purpose-built state-of-the-art learning environment, employing 1,000 people and awarded Investors in People accreditation for the past 19 consecutive years.
Recent awards include:
- AOC Beacon Award for Student Support Services 2015
- TES FE Award for Student Support Services 2015
- NIACE Adult Learners National Award winner 2013, 2014 and 2015
- NIACE South East Adult Learners Award winners 2013 and 2014
- Health Service Journal Highly Commended for NHS Apprentices 2013
- NUS Award Best FE Students’ Union 2010, 2012, 2013
- NUS Campaign of the Year winner 2013 – Living Wage campaign
- Learning & Skills Improvement Service Student Union Award 2013
- SABRE Silver Award for Support of the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant 2014
- KEiBA Award winner – Environmental Sustainability 2013
- Annual Celebration of Achievement – 90+ student winners every year
- World Skills UK College – multiple gold medallists
- Inspire Film Festival Award winners 2012 and 2013
- Hampton Court Flower Show multiple award winners in Floristry
- KEiBA Apprentice of the Year highly commended 2013
- KEiBA Award finalists for our Student Services and Employer Services
- TES Award finalists for our Student Services and Employer Services
If you would like further information and photos, please contact press officer Jamie Weir on 01227 811347 or email J.Weir@canterburycollege.ac.uk.