Canterbury and Sheppey College will run a number of Community weeks every year that will give students the opportunity to get involved in social action to make a difference, learn something new and build a great relationship with new people in the community.
Studies find that more than 80 per cent of those who take part in social action develop greater self-confidence, greater sense of direction and more self-purpose.
We hope staff and students enjoy Community Week, make the most of it and celebrate the wonderful projects they complete!
What else can you do?
- Take photos, Tweet via #collegeaction and I will let people know what you’ve been doing
- Record what you’ve done on etracker and on your CV
- Find more volunteering through:
- - Students’ Union - Active Links
- - www.kentcan.org - www.generationchange.org.uk
Take a look at our coverage of out first Community Day at Canterbury College to see what's involved.