Looking for a job, apprenticeship or work placement?
‘Active Links’ is a free service to help Canterbury College students (past and present) search for full-time or part-time work, an apprenticeship, or a work experience placement.
Job recruitment service
If you’re looking for full-time work, part-time work or an apprenticeship, we can help. You’ll meet with one of our experience recruitment consultants who will see what your skills are and what kind of work you’re looking for. We will:
- Look at your CV & job interview skills and offer feedback
- Add your details to our jobs recruitment database
- Contact you when a job or work experience opportunity matching your needs comes up
- Help you apply
We have a list of the full-time and part-time jobs that are available. It’s constantly being updated, so if you don’t see anything now check back in a few days. We also list jobs on the ‘Active Links’ facebook page.
Work experience placements
These days, many qualifications require you to spend time learning your specialism in the real world. We’ll help get you a work placement with a company related to the skills you need to develop.
- Work experience looks good on your CV – you’ll be getting real experience that can’t be taught
- It’s also a great way to get employers to remember you
- It will give you experience that other job candidates might not have
- In some cases, employers offer jobs to people who have done work experience (once they have finished their course)
- It breaks the cycle that young people can find themselves in - where they can’t get a job due to lack of experience and can’t get experience due to not having had a job
If you're looking to get out of the classroom and start your career, apprenticeships allow you train in the workplace, earn a wage and end up with a professional qualification. Our 'Active Links' team works with hundreds of comapnies looking to take on apprentices.