Summary of outcomes from the Corporation’s statutory consultation
The Canterbury College Corporation recently held a statutory consultation into the dissolution of the corporation, and merger with East Kent College which would create the new East Kent Colleges Group.
The consultation opened on 20 March 2017 and closed on 17 April 2017. The responses have now been considered by the Canterbury College Corporation, and a summary is published at the link below.
Find out more about the new East Kent Colleges Group:
The East Kent Colleges Group will be beneficial for a number of reasons. This new FE group which will serve communities, employers and students across the whole of East Kent will deliver:
- A single new FE institution, serving East Kent to provide excellent professional, technical and vocational education and skills
- A governance and management team with a successful track record of FE merger and acquisitions, that has already delivered financial stability and substantial quality improvement
- A coherent and high quality curriculum offer, which includes 16-19 Study Programmes, adult learning, Apprenticeships, and High Needs provision. The East Kent community will have a stronger education and skills offer which eliminates wasteful competition.
The three overarching strategic goals of the East Kent Colleges Group will be:
- To be highly responsive to the communities we serve
- To provide exceptional learning opportunities
- To enable outstanding student progress and achievement
You can view the full Mission, Vision and Values along with the East Kent Colleges Group Strategic Proposition here. As part of this plan to merge, and to create the new East Kent Colleges Group, the Canterbury College Corporation will need to dissolve. This will enable the new, larger, stronger and better group to be formed.